Dr. H. Mohamad Hidayat
Indonesian citizen, born in Jakarta, May 3, 1967. He graduated from Fakultas Syariah IAIN Jakarta in 1991, with S-2 (MBA) degree from IPWI Jakarta and S-2 degree from Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Hukum Institute at Business Law & Legal Management (IBLAM), Jakarta, in 2003. S-3 degree in Islamic Economic and Finance at Universitas Trisakti, Jakarta, in 2014.
In addition to serving as a Member of the BSM’s Sharia Supervisory Board, he serves as the Executive Officer of the National Sharia Board (BPH DSN) with MUI, the Sharia Economic Community Expert Council (MES), PSTTI University of Indonesia, Postgraduate Program Lecturer and Trisakti University Islamic Economic Finance (IEF). In addition, he is active as a supervisor and advisor in several Islamic financial/non-financial institutions, the regular preacher of the Presidential Palace and the Vice President of the Republic of Indonesia, as well as the Chairperson of the Al-Washiyyah Foundation and the book author.
Dr. H. Oni Sahroni, MA *
Indonesian citizen, born in Serang, November 26, 1975. He obtained a Bachelor of Islamic Sharia and Master of Fiqh Muqaran from Al Azhar University in Cairo in 2000 and 2005. He continued his education at the same University which obtained his Doctor of Fiqh Muqaran (Islamic Law) Comparative Study) in 2009 with the title Summa Cum Laude. Dr Oni Sahroni was the first Indonesian academic to obtain a Doctorate degree in the field of Fiqh Muqaran.
In addition to serving as a Member of the Sharia Supervisory Board of PT Bank Syariah Mandiri, he serves as Shariah Expert at the International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance in Kuala Lumpur, DPS of PT BNP Paribas Investment Partners, PT Adira Dinamika Multifinance and PT Bank Muamalat Indonesia Tbk, as well as lecturer at several universities. He is also a member of the National Sharia Board and Director of the Research and Research Institute at the Sharia Economic and Banking Institute (SEBI)
Dr. Hj. Siti Ma'rifah, MM, MH. *
Indonesian citizen, finished in Jakarta, December 18, 1967. He graduated from the STAISA in 1990 and Krisna Dwipayana University in 1999 and Postgraduate (S2) in Management Economics from the University of Jagakarsa in 2002, Post-Graduate (S2) in the field of Law from Krisna Dwipayana University in 2010, and a doctorate in Law from Krisna Dwipayana University in 2013. Throughout his career, he was entrusted with various positions including Members of the DKI Jakarta Provincial DPRD for the 1999-2004 Period and Member of the DPS PT. Panin Life Syariah Insurance. Joined and served as Member of the Sharia Supervisory Board of PT Reasuransi Nasional Indonesia since 2013.
The Sharia Supervisory Board (DPS) supervises the BSM operations independently. DPS is stipulated by the National Sharia Board (DSN), a body under the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI). All the product guidelines, bank services and operations have been approved by DPS to ensure the compliance with the Islamic sharia principles.
Duties and responsibilities of the Sharia Supervisory Board:
- To provide advice and recommendation to the Board of Directors, and supervise the activities of the Bank in order to comply with the Sharia Principles
- To assess and ensure the compliance with the Sharia Principles on the operational guidelines and products issued by the Bank
- To supervise the Bank's new product development process
- To seek a fatwa from the National Sharia Board for new Bank products that are not fatwa-based
- To conduct periodic reviews on the compliance with the sharia principles with respect to the mechanism of fund raising and fund distribution as well as Bank services
- To request data and information in connection with the sharia aspects from the Bank's working units in the scope of performance of their duties.
* Becoming effective upon fit & proper test approval from the Financial Services Authority (OJK)